What Do Dogs Really Dream About?
You’ve probably caught your sleeping pup kicking their legs or wagging their tail. Research shows that canines experience REM sleep similar to humans — dreams included. Especially when they’re in really deep sleep on an extra comfortable mattress.
Here’s our hypothesis for what doggie dreams are probably made of:
- Fire hydrants. Yellow ones, red ones, short ones, tall ones.
- Just used tennis shoes. Gym day is their favorite day.
- Squirrels. Why count sheep when you can count squirrels?
- Their human. Of course they dream about their best friend.
- Missing socks. The more, the merrier. For them.
- The postman. Except the postman is delivering treats, not mail.
- Having a play date with the neighbor’s dog. No humans allowed.
- The food dropped under the table. One man’s leftovers is another dog’s treasure.
- Where they put that one bone. The longest game of hide-and-seek.
- Going on a long walk alone. What do you mean… a leash?
- Taking a bath in peanut butter. With extra treats on the side.
- Raining cats, no dogs. A real dream come true.