How To Go To Sleep Early When You’re Used To Staying Up Late
Every night, you plan to fall asleep early. But no matter what you try, you find yourself falling into an internet black hole and finally falling asleep 12 episodes, 3 videos, and 2 Amazon purchases later.
Follow our foolproof plan that will get you to sleep before you can even load your preferred internet browser (Chrome):
- Leave your laptop at work. It will be there — with hundreds of unread emails – in the morning.
- Put on your pajamas right when you get home from work. After dinner is too late.
- Eat an early dinner. Get takeout, eat it in bed, and you’re halfway there.
- Unplug your TV at 9pm. Set an alarm to remind yourself.
- Leave your phone in the living room. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
- For extra precaution: Unplug your router. No matter what device you grab, you’ll be stuck playing Snake or re-reading old texts.
- Get under the covers. Tuck yourself in tight.
- Count rainbows, pizza slices, missing socks. Really, anything you can think of.
- Fight the urge to get up. You don’t really need to go to the bathroom.
- Keep fighting. Almost there.
- Get so tired of fighting that you fall asleep. And repeat tomorrow.