10 Morning Hacks To Help You Spend More Time In Bed
With only 24 hours in a day, it can feel like a struggle to fit everything in. Particularly in the morning when the battle between sleep, healthy AM habits and work commitments is at its most brutal. Which is why many people are turning to morning lifehacks – ways to streamline their routine so that they can go to the gym, sit down and eat a decent breakfast or spend more time with their loved ones. Which is weird, because we all know that the only way to spend extra time in the morning is in bed.
With that in mind, here is our fool-proof guide to making more time for snooze…
- Instead of laying out your outfit for the next day, sleep in it. That way, when you wake up you you’re ready to go.
- Combine morning tasks – for example, breakfast and showering. The key here is to eat something that won’t be absolutely ruined by a little water. Cereal for example, is quickly going to get washed down the plughole but have a banana and you’re all set!
- Put everything you could possible need in the morning (clothes, hairbrush, toilet) within arms reach from your bed – then practice the art of getting ready horizontally.
- Set your shower up to rain lukewarm coffee – that way you can simply open your mouth as you wash and fulfill all your caffeine needs.
- Dress up your partner/child/dog/cat/goldfish to look like you and send them in to work on your behalf. If you were never particularly productive at work in the first place nobody will notice.
- Stop using an alarm clock – not only will you automatically spend more time in bed but by missing whatever mode of public transport you take to work you will have to journey by foot or bike instead, eliminating the need to get up early for the gym.
- Connect your electric toothbrush to be powered by your bike – this way you can brush and ride at the same time.
- Train your children to ride your dog to school (as long as they are small, of course) – this way your dog gets the walk it needs and you no longer need to do the school run.
- Record your side of the predictable morning conversation you have with your partner and press play when you press snooze – quality time together, without the need to be conscious.
- Quit your job and apply to work at whatever business is closest to your house. Licking stamps, watching paint dry – who cares?! If it means more time in bed, it’s worth it.