5 guilt-free ways to spend the bank holiday weekend in bed
Summer can be a difficult time for some of us. We love all the new and interesting activities that the nice weather brings but… well… bed is life.
And with the long weekend upon us, the pressure is even greater.
Well, fear not lazy people! Because we have found a number of ways for you to bring your favourite summer activities into the bedroom…
- Kite flying: Grab your fan and turn it up full crank. Then attach a pair of Bridget Jones size knickers to a piece of string (strong dental floss will also work) and watch them fly. Alternatively, if you don’t have a fan, bribe a flatmate/child/bored partner to continuously blow into the air.
- Trips to the seaside: First, eat a full packet of Hobnobs in bed. The crumbs will give your bed a “delightful” sandy feeling reminiscent of the beach. Then turn your partner’s annoying noise machine to “seaside”. Voilà! All you need to do now is throw a couple of soggy towels on the floor and sniff at a packet of scampi fries.
- Picnicking: Grab as much food as you can from the fridge. Then replace your duvet with a scratchy blanket and hang up some of those little tree car air fresheners that smell like a mixture of pine and toilet disinfectant. Not only will it look like you’re in a forest (if you squint) but smell like it too.
- Yoga: Dig out that sickly smelling incense you bought four holidays ago in India. Search for playlists under “Spiritual” on Spotify. And then put everything you could need for the day (phone, snacks and drinks) JUST out of arm’s reach. Instant stretching.
- Walking the dog: Ok, this one is going to take a little financial investment (but hey, if you have a dog we’re presuming this is something you have to do regularly and so the payoff is long-term). Buy a treadmill, put said dog on the treadmill. Turn on and watch from bed.
More interested in your bed than the great outdoors? Do we have good news for you! 10% off of all Casper products – making your bed the coolest (and comfiest) place to be this summer.
Just use the code FACTOR10 at checkout.