Can’t Sleep? Try These 12 Things to Bore You to Bed
By Katie Szymanski | Feb 13, 2017
Don’t settle for staring at the ceiling or refreshing Facebook for the 7th time.
- Watch paint dry.
- Read the dictionary. Don’t skip a single word.
- Learn a new language. Ding ding ding. LATIN.
- File your taxes. It’s never too early to dig up that W2.
- Listen to your grandparents tell the same stories about their childhood. Just give them a call to be reminded that the price of ice cream was only a nickel.
- Solve a calculus maths problem from 6th Form. Without a calculator.
- Organize the files on your computer. Only three folders allowed and no social media breaks.
- Play the sounds of crickets. Or waves crashing. Or elevator music from your doctor’s office waiting room.
- Make a PowerPoint presentation about anything you want. The history of zoos? How the seafloor spreads? Dinosaur artifacts? The more slides, the better.
- Tune into the BBC, Saturday afternoon. Antiques Roadshow, Why not?
- Go through your notes from that 3pm finance meeting. And when you finish, repeat.
- Unplug your Wi-Fi and stare outside the window instead of at your screen.