The Only Workout Routine You Need This Summer
Summer is so close that we can practically smell the BBQ (forget freshly cut grass, we have our priorities in order). Which is why some people will tell you that it is too late to get the summer body you have been dreaming about. These are the same people that will tell you that you can’t finish an extra large pizza by yourself, or that a Netflix marathon isn’t a real marathon.
To them, we say, no! Because the possibility of a summer-ready body really depends on what kind of summer you are hoping for. If you want to avoid embarrassing tan lines, keep hay fever at bay and avoid swimwear shopping all together then we have the perfect the routine for you…
The Casper Workout – so easy, you can almost do the entire routine in your sleep. Follow along for an intensive, all-body workout that will leave you ready for your next nap.
Get ready for a summer of snooze!
Warm Up Stretch
Benefit: It’s important to stretch before exercise to give your body enough time to adjust to physical activity.
- Lay flat on your back on top of the covers in a comfortable position.
- Reach for the remote on your nightstand.
- Put it back.
- Push it farther.
- Reach again.
Benefit: Build upper body strength by focusing on your pecs, deltoids, and forearm muscles.
- Lift your pillow* for 10 – 15 reps.
- Repeat two times.
*For increased difficulty, add 2 – 3 pillows on top.
Benefit: It’s all in the posture. Improve your lower body strength and balance.
- Wait until your phone hits 1% battery.
- Get out of bed.
- Step ahead with one foot, leaning forward until you feel the stretch.
- Plug it in and rest.
Benefit: Stay fit and healthy with this popular exercise.
- Push yourself up and out of bed to go to the bathroom.
- Repeat as needed.
Benefit: Get your heart rate up.
- Start by standing on the ground and facing your bed.
- Bend your knees and push off, jumping with your arms raised over your head.
- Land safely on the bed.
- Roll off the bed and repeat.
Benefit: Stress relief and exercise all in one.
- Finish the episode you’re watching.
- Sprint for 5-10 seconds to the fridge.
- Pick a snack.
- Make it back before the next one starts.
- Repeat every 30 or 60 minutes depending on episode length.