12 Things You Should Count Instead of Sheep
Hours of last minute holiday shopping and three cups of coffee later, it’s time to finally sleep. No matter what you try, you find yourself staring up at the ceiling wondering if you got that brown leather wallet for Uncle Johnny.
Sheep are overrated. When you can’t sleep this week, count:
- Reindeer. Who you forgot the names of.
- Fruitcake. The number you will avoid eating at all holiday parties.
- Presents. How many you decided to re-gift from last year.
- Rolls of wrapping paper. Or bows. Or gift bags. Whichever you prefer.
- Cookies. Chocolate chip ones. Peppermint ones. Peanut butter ones.
- Snowmen. The number of times you tried to build, and failed.
- Eggnog. One eggnog, two eggnog, three eggnog, snore.
- Ornaments. The tackiest ones you have.
- Candy canes. The more flavors, the better.
- Gingerbread men. And women.
- Jingle bells. Fa la la la la la la la zzz.
- Snowflakes. How many make up a pile of snow?