Your Guide To A Successful Candlelit Dinner In Bed
It’s Valentine’s Day, and you completely forgot to make dinner reservations. Don’t worry about tracking down overpriced flowers or even a last minute card. What your Valentine really want this year is a fancy, candlelit dinner… in bed.
10 steps you should take to make sure you plan a night they’ll never forget:
1. Make the bed. The night calls for fresh sheets and pillowcases.
2. Set the bed. Placemats. Elegant plates and silverware. Wine glasses.
3. Have extra napkins or a mattress protector as backup. You can never be too prepared.
4. Don’t forget the candles! But you have to keep them on the nightstand. Another idea: Throw a fireplace backdrop on the TV in the background.
5. Get delivery an hour before your Valentine is planning on coming home. You need enough time to take it out and dispose of the packaging before they ever notice a thing.
6. Set the scene with a romantic playlist. Fill it with all of their favorites.
7. Iron your favorite pair of pajamas.
8. Find flower petals to make a path leading to bed.
9. Dim the bedroom lights. Use a lamp instead. Or if you need ideas…
10. Finish it off with a centerpiece — their favorite stuffed animal will do.