Over the Moon Cocktail: Keep Summer Alive
Casper Nightcaps are the perfect way to end the day. A few splashes of this and few stirs of that. Before you know it, you’ll be sipping your way to sleep. Cheers to booze and snooze.
Labor Day might mark the end of summer, but just because the calendar says whites are out and flannels are in doesn’t mean the sun always takes the hint. Thankfully, there are still a few weeks left before everyone is bustling through crunchy leaves in closed-toe shoes to pick up pumpkin spice everything.
Before the sun starts setting while you’re still at work, spend September nights on the closest rooftop. Step 1: find an empty reclining lounge chair. A few hours under the blue sky will reverse the damage from a long day spent under fluorescent office lighting. Nothing goes as well with outdoor patio furniture like a cold drink (or three). Especially one that will make you forget the sun is preparing for hibernation.
Grab the last carton of berries at the grocery store. Fresh herbs, a squeeze of honey, tart blackberries, and a splash of a lemon will create a not-too-sweet concoction that tastes the way summer feels. And of course, it has to be topped off with a hearty helping of vodka. No, no, keep going. An extra pour can’t hurt. There you go. That’s the perfect amount. Put back on your sunglasses, and keep summer alive with this citrusy adult lemonade.
The Over the Moon Cocktail
- Lightly muddle 4 or 5 blackberries and 1-2 thyme sprigs.
- Add 2 oz Vodka, 3/4 oz honey syrup (2 parts wildflower honey : 1 part water) and 3/4 oz fresh lemon juice.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin, add ice and shake vigorously until very cold.
- Fine strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel skewered with a blackberry and thyme sprig.