Starry Eyes Nightcap: The Ultimate Cool-Down Cocktail
By Alyse Borkan | Aug 21, 2015
Casper Nightcaps: the perfect way to end the day. A few splashes of this and few stirs of that. Before you know it, you’ll be sipping your way to sleep. Cheers to booze and snooze.
It’s too humid to leave the cold comfort of your apartment for a nightcap. Even the dog is pressed up against the air conditioner. This must be why they’re called the dog days of summer. There must be something in the fridge to cut through the heat, and something in the liquor cabinet to burn off the boredom.
Peel yourself from the couch — we’re ending the night with the ultimate cool-down cocktail. Grab that bottle of gin and reach for a grapefruit. Tonight, we’re drinking and juicing. Smell that spring of fresh rosemary? We’re using that, too. Muddled into a bit of sweet simple syrup, the aromatic rosemary needles complement the tart citrus juice. Don’t be cheap with the gin — that’s the best part. Strained over ice, the Starry Eyes is a drink capable of slicing through these steamy summer nights. Just keep this riff on the greyhound away from the dog.
The Starry Eyes Cocktail
- Lightly muddle 1 sprig rosemary in 3/4 oz simple syrup.
- Add 2 oz London dry gin + 1 oz fresh grapefruit juice.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin.
- Add ice and shake vigorously.
- Fine-strain into a rocks glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with a grapefruit wedge skewered with rosemary sprig.