Everything You Need To Know To Survive This Winter
New year, new life outlook. But the weather in the UK has done everything it can to dampen our newfound positivity with its grey, foggy, miserable daily haze. The best way to combat the dreary days is to stay in bed until spring. And we have created a survival guide to help you do just that. Here’s everything you need to know to survive this winter:
1. Keep everything you need in your bed:
- Phone charger
- Packet of Hobnobs
- Book of Sudoku
- Hot water bottle
- Remote control
- Eye mask and noise-cancelling headphones
2. Excuses: Your dog is sick, you’re sick, you have a family reunion. Cancel all your plans. Your friends will understand. If they are being honest they don’t want to go out either, so really, you are doing them a favour too. If anyone questions you, you could ask Casper to write you a note explaining why you are going to be out of action until the weather improves.
3. TV time: Start that Netflix series you said you’d watch in 2011. (Breaking Bad, anyone?)
4. DIY project: Sew velcro strips to your pyjamas and duvet cover so if you do have to get out of bed, your covers can come with you.
5. Online shopping: Keep busy and buy all of this year’s Christmas presents… 11 months early. Imagine what a stress-free December you’ll have!
6. Get blackout curtains: What you can’t see won’t hurt you. Blackout curtains make daytime napping a lot easier too.
7. Build a pillow fort: This will keep you warm and completely isolated from the outside world. You can hibernate in peace and emerge in the spring completely refreshed.
We wish you luck.